Fusion Art invites submissions for its 2nd Annual Leaves & Petals online juried art exhibition for the month of February 2017.
For this competition artists and photographers are encouraged to share their artistic vision and interpretation of flowers, leaves, herbs, plants, shrubs, bushes, hedges and other botanical or floral subjects. The artwork can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all artists and photographers, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit.
All competitions include awards in two categories - "Traditional" Art and " Photography & Digital" Art and the Best in Show winners in each category will be invited to participate in the 2nd annual group show in Palm Springs in November 2017.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: December 14, 2016
- Deadline for Entries: January 27, 2017
- Opening of Online Exhibition: February 1, 2017
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: February 28, 2017 (remains on website under "Archived Exhibitions”)
- A non-refundable entry fee of $25 is required for up to 2 images.
- Additional images may be submitted for a non-refundable fee of $10 each.
- No more than a total of 5 images (2 for $25, and 3 for $10/ea.) will be accepted in any one submission. An artist may enter more than once.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- "Traditional" is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, and mixed media.
- "Photography & Digital" is open to the following mediums: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art).
- Size limitation for artwork is 48" x 60" x 3" (Other sizes will be considered upon request).
- 3-dimensional art is not an acceptable medium in this competition.
- Cash awards will be given to the top three (3) winners in each category.
- The Best in Show winner in each category will be the "Featured Artists" on the website for the duration of the exhibition. Winners will receive extensive online publicity and promotion. They will also receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art's 2nd annual group show in Palm Springs, CA in November 2017, which will feature the Best in Show winners from the previous 12 months of online exhibitions.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.