Art Competition - October 2017
"You would hardly believe how difficult it is to place a figure alone on a canvas, and to concentrate all the interest on this single and unique figure and still keep it living and real."~Edouard Manet
Fusion Art invites submissions for the 3rd Annual Figures & Faces online art exhibition for the month of October 2017.
For this competition artists, worldwide, are encouraged to submit their best artistic vision and interpretation of the human form - both figures and faces. The artwork can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all artists over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational and nonrepresentational art and photography.
All competitions include awards in two categories - "Traditional" Art and " Photography & Digital" Art and the Best in Show winners in each category will be invited to participate in the 3rd annual group show in November 2018.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: August 12, 2017
- Deadline for Entries: September 26, 2017
- Opening of Online Exhibition: October 1, 2017
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: October 31, 2017 (remains on website under "Archived Exhibitions”)
- A non-refundable entry fee of $25 is required for up to 2 image.
- Additional images may be submitted for a non-refundable fee of $10 each.
- No more than a total of 5 images (2 for $25, and 3 for $10/ea.) will be accepted in any one submission. An artist may enter more than once.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as Title_FirstName_LastName.jpeg. Example: Untitled_John_Smith.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- "Traditional" is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, and mixed media.
- "Photography & Digital" is open to the following mediums: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art).
- Size limitation for artwork is 48" x 60" x 3" (Other sizes will be considered upon request).
- 3-dimensional art is not an acceptable medium in this competition.
- Cash awards will be given to the top three (3) winners in each category.
- The Best in Show winner in each category will be the "Featured Artists" on the website for the duration of the exhibition. Winners will receive extensive online publicity and promotion. They will also receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art's 3rd annual group show in in November 2018, which will feature the Best in Show winners from the previous 12 months of online exhibitions.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
- Winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- A video of the group exhibition will be created and available on the exhibition webpage and Fusion Art's YouTube channel.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to more than 200+ outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites and through the gallery’s social media outlets.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- Fusion Art's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.