Frequently Asked Questions
What is Fusion Art?
Fusion Art is a fine art gallery located in Palm Springs, CA. Fusion Art is also an online gallery website where new, emerging and professional artists can enter online juried art exhibitions, obtain competition experience, as well as gain exposure to art collectors and art professionals.
Fusion Art conducts monthly themed online art competitions, quarterly themed online art competitions and juried art exhibitions in the Palm Springs gallery.. The winning artworks are promoted on the gallery’s website with the Best in Show winners, for the monthly themed exhibitions, featured for one month on the website’s home page and on the Featured Artist's page.
First Place, Second Place and Honorable Mention/Special Recognition winners will also receive special recognition and will be featured on the “Monthly Winners” page as well as the top of the “Monthly Online Juried Exhibition” page, above all the other entrants selected for participation in the exhibition.
Who is Fusion Art?
Chris Hoffman is the owner of Fusion Art. He is an award winning Fine Artist who has been painting professionally for over 15 years. His works can be found in private collections both nationally and internationally. Early in his career, Chris entered and participated in numerous juried art exhibitions in Boston, Providence and New York City. He has now chosen to share his knowledge to assist other artists in gaining experience and exposure to new and seasoned art collectors and art professionals.
Does Fusion Art sell Artwork?
Fusion Art Gallery does sell artwork and represent artists in the Palm Springs gallery. But it does not engage directly in selling the artwork featured in any of its monthly online exhibitions on the website. Fusion Art does not represent artists in the online exhibitions on its website. All purchase inquiries from the monthly online art exhibitions are directed to the artist for negotiation with the collector/buyer.
Each November Fusion Art will host an annual group show in the Palm Springs gallery for all the Best in Show winners from the previous twelve months of online exhibitions.
While Fusion Art does not collect a commission from sales initiated from the website’s online exhibitions, for sales that occur during the annual group show in Palm Springs, Fusion Art will take the standard industry 50% commission on any sale.
At all times, the copyright to all the artwork shown on the Fusion Art website or in the Palm Springs gallery remains with the respective artist. None of the artwork may be reproduced without the written consent of the artist.
Why should I enter Fusion Art’s Online Juried Art Competitions?
There are numerous benefits to artists for participation in Fusion Art’s monthly online juried art competitions. First and foremost, it provides exposure for the artists by showcasing their art work and artistic talents.
Fusion Art will promote the winning artists each month through its website, local and international press releases, social media, event calendars and direct email campaigns.
Each November, beginning in November 2016, Fusion Art will host a group exhibition in Palm Springs, California featuring the Best in Show winners from the previous twelve months of online exhibitions.
This annual show will give artists an opportunity to display their winning artwork in a “brick and mortar” gallery. The exhibition will last for approximately one month.
What Happens to my Artwork After the Online Exhibition is Over?
Fusion Art’s monthly online art exhibitions are retained in the gallery’s archives. In addition to the winners, each exhibition’s archive preserves all the artwork selected for participation in the exhibition. Each piece of artwork will be clearly marked with the artist’s name, title of the work and the artist’s website and contact information as provided by the artist.
How Does the Art Gallery Promote My Art & the Exhibition?
The winning artworks are promoted on the gallery’s website with the Best in Show winners being featured for one month on the website’s home page and on the featured Artists page.
First Place, Second Place and Honorable Mention/Special Recognition winners will also receive special recognition and will be featured on the “Monthly Winners” page, as well as above all the other entrants selected for participation in the exhibition.
In addition, Fusion Art will promote the exhibition through electronic announcements, social media, both local and international press releases, event calendars, and direct email campaigns to art collectors, art professionals and art gallery owners.
How Do I Enter the Art Competitions?
Fusion Art uses the Submittable platform to receive and process all of its art competition entries. Founded in 2009 Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants.
What are the Benefits of using Submittable?
Submittable provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal and artists can submit entries 24 hours a day.
More information on Submittable can be found at www.submittable.com.
Does Fusion Art Ever Feature/Represent Any Individual Artists?
Yes. Fusion Art does have in house gallery artists in the Palm Springs gallery. Selection of these artists is at the sole discretion of Fusion Art. From time to time Fusion Art may invite an artist showcased in one of its exhibitions to join the gallery but Fusion Art does not represent individual artists from the monthly online exhibitions on its website.
What Are the Rules for Your Online Art Competitions?
Where do I submit my entries for the current competition?
You can submit your entries to the current competitions HERE.
What Awards Are Provided for Each Art Competition?
- Cash awards will be given, at Fusion Art’s discretion, and will vary per competition. Please see each competition’s specific guidelines for details.
- The Best in Show winners from the monthly online competition will be the "Featured Artists" on the website for the duration of the exhibition. The Best in Show winners from the monthly competitions will also qualify for participation in Fusion Art's annual group show in Palm Springs, CA each November, which will feature the Best in Show winners from the previous 12 months of online exhibitions.
- After the online exhibition closes each month, it will remain in Fusion Art’s Archive to be viewed by website visitors and be available to be promoted by the artist through their personal art portfolio.
- Fusion Art will promote the winning artists of each exhibition via email, local, international and online press releases, event calendars, and social media marketing to art collectors, art gallery owners and related art professionals.
- Cash awards will be paid through PayPal or by a check mailed to the winner within 20 days of the notification of winning.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
What Are the Entry Fees for Each Art Competition?
- A non-refundable entry fee of $25 is required for up to 2 images.
- Additional images may be submitted for a non-refundable fee of $10 each.
- No more than a total of 5 images (2 for $25, and 3 for $10/ea.) will be accepted.
- Payment is required through Submittable at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Open to artists worldwide.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Entries must follow the competition theme.
- Work must be the original creation of the artist and completed within the past 5 years.
- Mediums and size limitations vary per competition. Please see each competition’s specific guidelines for details.
- You may submit the same artwork in different months, as long as it follows the competition theme, unless it has won previously.
- You may enter works of art that have won art art competition awards in other shows.
- All Best in Show winners will be invited to show their artwork in the annual show to take place in Palm Springs, California, each November. This group show is entirely voluntary and the artist is not required to accept the invitation. However, if the artist does accept the invitation the artist agrees to send the artwork (or if the artwork has been sold, have the collector send the artwork) for the exhibition. Although highly encouraged, the artist does not have to be present at the annual group show. The artist is responsible for shipping of the artwork to and from the exhibition in Palm Springs.
What are the image requirements?
- Image should be in jpeg format, 72 dpi.
- Image should not exceed 3MB.
- Image should not contain any frame, mat, or watermark.
- NEW IMAGE LABELING GUIDELINES: Image should be labeled as Title_FirstName_LastName _Medium_Size_Price.jpegExample: Untitled_John_Smith_AcrylicOnCanvas_20x30_$500.jpg. Do not include special characters such as #,!, * or stray spaces in the file name. Doing so may prevent the file from uploading.
- Image should be clear and in focus. Please remember that this image represents your work.
- Fusion Art may crop or color correct your images in order to enhance the overall presentation and/or for formatting purposes for use in the carousel, slide show, YouTube videos, Fusion Art presentations and marketing materials, and for other areas of the website where your images may appear.
Do I Need to Submit an Artist Bio?
It is now required, that the artist provide a short Bio or Artist Statement (1000 Word Limit), written in the third person. This is your opportunity to tell us a little bit about yourself, including your artistic training, inspiration, media choice, any special techniques used or anything that you might like people to know about you and your art. If you have a website, please include your website URL and/or email address so we can refer collectors and buyers to you. Please note that any bios that exceed the word limit will be edited.
What are the Criteria for Judging the Submitted Art?
Artwork will be judged based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, interpretation, quality, overall design, demonstration of artistic ability, and usage of your chosen medium.
Who are the Judges of the Art Competitions?
Selections will be made by Fusion Art owner and award winning Artist, Chris Hoffman, and/or invited guest jurors who are prominent in the art world, including other artists and art professionals.
By submitting my artwork for consideration does that mean I am automatically accepted into the online exhibition?
By submitting your artwork, you will be considered for participation in the online art exhibition, but this does not guarantee acceptance. Acceptance is at the sole discretion of Fusion Art.
How can I get in to the Fusion Art Gallery Annual Show in Palm Springs?
If you win the Best in Show prize, your artwork will be eligible for participation in the annual group show in Palm Springs, CA to take place each November, which will feature the first place winners from the previous 12 months of online exhibitions.
If I don’t get accepted into an exhibition, will I get a refund?
Entry fees are non-refundable.
When and how will I be notified if I am accepted?
Artists who are accepted into the show will be notified via email just by the opening of the online exhibition.
How long is the online exhibition?
The online exhibition will be featured on the website for approximately one month. Then the exhibition is moved to the website archives where it will remain indefinitely.
What happens if someone wants to purchase my artwork from one of Fusion Art’s online exhibitions?
All purchase inquiries from the monthly online art exhibitions are directed to the artist for negotiation with the collector/buyer. While Fusion Art will does not collect a commission from sales initiated by the website’s online exhibitions, for sales that occur during the annual Palm Springs group show, Fusion Art will take the standard industry 50% commission on any sale.
What rights does Fusion Art have to my artwork?
Artists who submit their artwork to the Fusion Art website for an art competition and have any of their submitted artwork chosen for participation in the subsequent art exhibition agree to the following:
- Fusion Art is granted usage of the chosen artwork, for display, marketing and promotional purposes for that art exhibition and for any future Fusion Art themed art competitions and exhibitions - either online or in the Palm Springs gallery. Usage of the image(s) is limited to any Fusion Art publicity including, but not limited to, ads, press releases, event presentations, articles, compilation slide shows and videos, brochures, catalogs, event mailers, and for use on the Fusion Art website and on the gallery's social media pages.
- Fusion Art can maintain an archive of the chosen artwork and display your entry for posterity as part of a historical site record of past themed shows. This archive will be available for public viewing and be limited to the Fusion Art website. Fusion Art will provide credit for each image with their Artist Name, Title and the Artist Email/Website, if applicable. The artist shall retain all copyrights of any images that are submitted to Fusion Art.
- Fusion Art does not claim ownership of the artwork you submit for consideration. All images attached to this website are the property of the respective artist and the artist retains the sole copyright and all other applicable rights to said images.
- No resale or exchange of images will occur by Fusion Art. No images may be copied or downloaded from this website.
How Can I Follow the Gallery in Social Media?
Please visit us on all our social media sites by linking from the buttons at the top of the page.
How Can I Contact The Gallery?
The Palm Springs gallery is located at:
Fusion Art Gallery
2658 S. Cherokee Way
Palm Springs, CA 92264
Our mailing address is:
Fusion Art Gallery
PO Box 4236
Palm Springs, CA 92263
These FAQ's may be updated from time to time so please be sure to read them in their entirety as they may have changed since the last time you read them.
*Updated August 28, 2016