This Competition is Closed
“Man's naked form belongs to no particular moment in history; it is eternal, and can be looked upon with joy by the people of all ages.” ~Auguste Rodin
Fusion Art is thrilled to announce the opening of its 3rd quarterly online art competition: Nude.
The gallery invites painting, drawing, photography (including digital photography/art), mixed media and sculpture submissions that focus on the human figure with an emphasis on, but not exclusive to, the nude figure.
In general there are no restrictions on the nature of the artwork submitted to this competition. Partial and/or full nudity are all acceptable as long as the artwork and photography are considered to be in good taste.
Artists and photographers, worldwide, are encouraged to submit their best work in any of the accepted mediums. The work can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all artists and photographers over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational and non-representational art and photography.
Up to ten winners in each category (Traditional Art, Digital Art & Photography, and 3-Dimensional Art) will be chosen to participate in the online group exhibition. Unlike the previous quarterly exhibitions, this exhibition will highlight only 30 winning artworks - not bodies of work. However the gallery encourages entrants to enter the maximum number of images for the one entry fee. All images entered are not guaranteed to be accepted. The exhibition will be presented on a separate page on the website and will remain up for three months before being archived on the site.
The winners will be marketed and promoted extensively through Fusion Art’s website, in 200+ press release announcements, email marketing, online event calendars, art news websites and through the gallery’s social media outlets.
Dates and Deadlines (all deadlines are Pacific Standard Time)
- Call for Artists Announced: April 12, 2017
- Deadline for Entries: June 17, 2017
- Opening of Online Exhibition: July 15, 2017
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: October 14, 2017 (remains on website under "Archived Exhibitions”)
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $45 for up to 5 images.
- Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.
- Artists are encouraged to enter the maximum number of images allowable for the entry fee.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- "Traditional" is open to the following 2D media: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, and mixed media.
- "Photography & Digital" is open to the following media: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art).
- "3-Dimensional" Art is acceptable in this competition and is open to the following media: relief, pottery, sculpture, installation, kinetic, and conceptual 3-D artworks created in metal, paper, wood, stone, fiber, plastics, glass, ceramics, or any other material which can be used to create 3-dimensional art.
- As this is exclusively an online exhibition there are no size limitations on the artwork submitted.
- Artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- A video of the group exhibition will be created and available on the exhibition webpage and Fusion Art's YouTube channel.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to more than 200+ outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites and through the gallery’s social media outlets.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- Fusion Art's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers will be directed to the artist for negotiation. Fusion Art does not take a commission on any sale that results from the online exhibition.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.