“Different themes inevitably require different methods of expression. This does not imply either evolution or progress; it is a matter of following the idea one wants to express and the way in which one wants to express it." ~Pablo Picasso
Fusion Art invites submissions for its 2nd quarterly group online exhibition. The theme for the exhibition is Open.
For this, no theme, open competition, artists and photographers, worldwide, are encouraged to submit their best work in any subject matter using any of the accepted mediums. The work can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all artists and photographers, regardless of location or experience, were encouraged to submit.
Up to five winners in each category (Traditional Art, Digital Art & Photography, and 3-Dimensional Art) will be chosen to participate in the online group exhibition. Entrants are encouraged to enter multiple images as the group exhibition will highlight the accepted artists and provide an opportunity to showcase a small body of their work. All images entered are not guaranteed to be accepted. The exhibition will be presented on a separate page on the website and will remain up for three months before being archived on the site.
The winners will be marketed and promoted extensively through Fusion Art’s website, in 70+ press release announcements, email marketing, online event calendars, art news websites and through the gallery’s social media outlets.
Dates and Deadlines (all deadlines are Pacific Standard Time)
- Call for Artists Announced: January 15, 2017
- Deadline for Entries: March 18, 2017
- Opening of Online Exhibition: April 15, 2017
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: July 14, 2017 (remains on website under "Archived Exhibitions”)
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $45 for up to 5 images.
- Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.
- Artists are encouraged to enter the maximum number of images allowable for the entry fee so that a body of their work can be considered.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- "Traditional" is open to the following 2D media: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, and mixed media.
- "Photography & Digital" is open to the following media: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art).
- "3-Dimensional" Art is acceptable in this competition and is open to the following media: relief, pottery, sculpture, installation, kinetic, and conceptual 3-D artworks created in metal, paper, wood, stone, fiber, plastics, glass, ceramics, or any other material which can be used to create 3-dimensional art.
- As this is exclusively an online exhibition there are no size limitations on the artwork submitted.
- Artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- A video of the group exhibition will be created and available on the exhibition webpage and Fusion Art's YouTube channel.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to more than 70+ outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites and through the gallery’s social media outlets.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- Fusion Art's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers will be directed to the artist for negotiation. Fusion Art does not take a commission on any sale that results from the online exhibition.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.