This Competition is Closed.
Please visit the Call of Artists page for our current open competitions. Thank you!
“In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.”
— Alfred Stieglitz
Fusion Art is thrilled to announce the opening of its 4th quarterly online art competition: Photography.
The gallery invites photographers, worldwide, to submit their best work using analog, digital, digital manipulation and/or any alternative processes for a group exhibition on the Fusion Art website. For this open, no theme, competition all photographers over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational and non-representational digital art and photography.
The exhibition will be presented on a separate page on the website and will remain up for three months (October 15, 2017 - January 14, 2018) before being archived on the site.
The winners will be marketed and promoted extensively through Fusion Art’s website, in hundreds of press release announcements, email marketing, online event calendars, art news websites and through the gallery’s social media outlets.
Dates and Deadlines (all deadlines are Pacific Standard Time)
- Call for Artists Announced: August 13, 2017
- Deadline for Entries: September 20, 2017
- Opening of Online Exhibition: October 15, 2017
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: January 14, 2018 (remains on website under "Archived Exhibitions”)
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $35 for up to 5 images.
- Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.
- Artists are encouraged to enter the maximum number of images allowable for the entry fee. All images entered are not guaranteed to be accepted.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- "Photography & Digital" is open to the following media: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting.
- As this is exclusively an online exhibition there are no size limitations on the artwork submitted.
- Artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- A video of the group exhibition will be created and available on the exhibition webpage and Fusion Art's YouTube channel.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to hundreds of outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites and through the gallery’s social media outlets.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- Fusion Art's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers will be directed to the artist for negotiation. Fusion Art does not take a commission on any sale that results from the online exhibition.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.