Art Competition - January 2018
"Is there any more mysterious idea for an artist than the conception of how nature is mirrored in the eyes of an animal? How does a horse see the world, or an eagle, or a doe, or a dog?" ~Franz Marc
Fusion Art invites submissions for its 3rd Annual Animal Kingdom online juried art exhibition for the month of January 2018.
For this competition artists and photographers are encouraged to share their artistic vision and interpretation of animals, both domestic and wild. The artwork can include any animals that live on land, in the sea or in the air. All artists over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational or abstract animal art and photography.
All competitions include awards in two categories - "Traditional" Art and " Photography & Digital" Art and the Best in Show winners in each category will be invited to participate in the 3rd annual group show in Palm Springs in 2018.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: November 12, 2017
- Deadline for Entries: December 27, 2017
- Opening of Online Exhibition: January 1, 2018
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: January 31, 2018 (remains on website under "Archived Exhibitions”)
Entry Fees - *New Pricing*
We are instituting this change in our competition pricing structure in an effort to make our competitions more affordable for all artists. Artists will now be able to enter more images for an overall lower price. Please click HERE for an explanation for new pricing.
- An entry fee of $20 for 1 image
- An entry fee of $30 for up to 3 images.
- An entry fee of $45 for up to 5 images.
- No more than a total of 5 images will be accepted in any one submission. An artist may enter more than once.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as Title_FirstName_LastName.jpeg. Example: Untitled_John_Smith.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- "Traditional" is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, and mixed media.
- "Photography & Digital" is open to the following mediums: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art).
- Size limitation for artwork is 48" x 60" x 3" (Other sizes will be considered upon request).
- 3-dimensional art is not an acceptable medium in this competition.
- Cash awards will be given to the top three (3) winners in each category.
- The Best in Show winner in each category will be the "Featured Artists" on the website for the duration of the exhibition. Winners will receive extensive online publicity and promotion. They will also receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art's 3rd annual group show in Palm Springs in 2018, which will feature the Best in Show & Artist Spotlight winners from the previous 12 months of online exhibitions.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
- Winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- A video of the group exhibition will be created and available on the exhibition webpage and Fusion Art's YouTube channel.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to hundreds of outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites, including but not limited to ARTFIXdaily and Artweek and through the gallery’s extensive social media outlets. Artweek.com, alone, has 30,000 newsletter subscribers and almost 300,000 website visitors per month and ARTFIXdaily is the industry leader in curated news from the Art World.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- Fusion Art's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.