This Competition is Closed. Please visit the exhibition when it opens on January 15, 2018. To find our current open competitions please visit the Calls for Artists page.
“I feel there is something unexplored about woman that only a woman can explore.” Georgia O'Keeffe
Fusion Art is celebrating Women Artists and is pleased to announce the opening of its 5th quarterly online art competition. The gallery invites both 2D and 3D submissions from women artists, only, regardless of their location or their experience or education in the art field.
Historically women artists have not received the respect and recognition that their talent deserves. Fusion Art wants to honor the greatness and talent of women artists. This is an international open competition and so any subject matter and any media is acceptable. The work can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all women artists, over the age of 18, are encouraged to submit their best 2D and 3D representational and non-representational art and photography.
A three-month group online exhibition will be featured on the Fusion Art website starting January 15 through April 14, 2018.
The winners will be marketed and promoted extensively through the gallery's website, in hundreds of press release announcements, email marketing, online event calendars, art news websites, including but not limited to ARTFIXdaily and Artweek and through the gallery’s extensive social media outlets. Artweek.com, alone, has 30,000 newsletter subscribers and almost 300,000 website visitors per month and ARTFIXdaily is the industry leader in curated news from the Art World.
*Effective November 5, 2017* - Beginning with this Women Artists quarterly competition - for ALL quarterly competitions moving forrward the gallery will award Best in Show to one artist and that artist will now receive an invitation to participate in the annual group show in Palm Springs in 2018.
Dates and Deadlines (all deadlines are Pacific Standard Time)
- Call for Artists Announced: October 15, 2017
- Deadline for Entries: December 20, 2017
- Opening of Online Exhibition: January 15, 2018
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: April 14, 2018 (remains on website under "Archived Exhibitions”)
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $35 for up to 5 images.
- Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.
- Artists are encouraged to enter the maximum number of images allowable for the entry fee. All images entered are not guaranteed to be accepted.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- "Traditional" is open to the following 2D media: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, fiber, and mixed media.
- "Photography & Digital" is open to the following media: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art).
- "3-Dimensional" Art is acceptable in this competition and is open to the following media: relief, pottery, sculpture, installation, kinetic, and conceptual 3-D artworks created in metal, paper, wood, stone, fiber, plastics, glass, ceramics, or any other material which can be used to create 3-dimensional art.
- As this is exclusively an online exhibition there are no size limitations on the artwork submitted.
- One artist will be awarded Best in Show. The Best in Show winner's artwork will be the image of the exhibition. The winner will also receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art's 3rd annual group show in 2018, which will feature the Best in Show and Artist Spotlight winners from the previous 12 months of online exhibitions.
- All accepted artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- A video of the group exhibition will be created and available on the website and Fusion Art's YouTube channel.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in hundreds of online press releases, in online event calendars, art news websites, including but not limited to ARTFIXdaily and Artweek and through the gallery’s extensive social media outlets. Artweek.com, alone, has 30,000 newsletter subscribers and almost 300,000 website visitors per month and ARTFIXdaily is the industry leader in curated news from the Art World.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- Fusion Art's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers will be directed to the artist for negotiation. Fusion Art does not take a commission on any sale that results from the online exhibition.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.
We are listed on PhotoCompete.com